Last night I was asked this question: "Where are you from?" I was a bit taken back, and two thoughts ran through my head literally at the same time. The first: It's so nice that people can tell I'm not from here. And the second: How is it he doesn't know where I'm from? I thought everyone knew where I grew up!
So after thinking those thoughts, I proudly answered, "I'm from Maryland."
We've lived down the street from these people for about two years, and see them pretty frequently. How is it he didn't know where I was from? I some how thought that my being from Maryland was tattooed onto my head or something. That people could just look at me and know that I obviously was from some super cool location. I mean, I do have a Maryland flag hanging in my garage. And I seriously consider my being from Maryland a large part of who I am.
So this morning I am in the middle of a serious identity crisis. My Marylandness doesn't seep out.

Don't worry. In a couple of months I'm going home, and can load up on Marylandness.
2 comments:
And we can't wait until you come home!!!! Don't worry, we can stop by the Maryland store, and you can buy a different MD tee shirt for every day of the week.
How fun! I never knew you were from Maryland. That is a place where I have always wanted to visit. What part of Maryland are you from?
Post a Comment