Even though I kept hoping they wouldn't actually go through with it, our dear neighbors moved. Oh the trauma it has caused in our little lives.
Aaliyah spent all day Saturday with us, as her family made trips back and forth moving their stuff. We took her bowling, and out for ice cream. It was a last hurrah. Benjamin said he was going to put sticks in the "shortcut" between our houses so he would remember he couldn't go over there anymore.
Yesterday Benjamin was carted over to Aaliyah's house, and Madeleine cried her little heart out that she could not go. She could not go because when they lived next door, she would sometimes come home before Benjamin did, crying for whatever reason. She is only 3 (for 13 more days!) afterall. I just didn't feel like I could send her across town yet.
And her little heart broke about it. She cried and cried. And after I thought about it, I felt so badly for her. Aaliyah is her friend also. They play here almost every day. And then I wouldn't let her go play, but I did let Benjamin go.
Tomorrow, Aaliyah is coming over here to play. We are all very excited about it.
2 comments:
Oh how sad...losing friends to a move is always hard to deal with. I remember when my friend moved away who lived behind us. I always wanted to move after that.
How in the world will the deal when they come to Maryland for 2 weeks. I mean, Ben and Mady are going to be able to play with their super cool aunt and cousins, but poor Aalyiah.
Post a Comment