I never thought I'd be one of those parents who HAD to get the in thing for Christmas. I just think that it's silly to need a specific toy so much that you go to greath lengths to find it. I knew my kids would be well balanced, and when they saw trendy things, they would know that trends come and go, and they didn't really NEED what they saw on tv.
But then there's Benjamin. Benjamin can play computer games, or video games, or leapster games or anything electronic for hours on end if I would let him. He's always had to make do with Grandma's Nintendo, or Uncle Luke's Playstation, or Uncle Rob's X-box, or Jordan's Wii. And since Jordan got that Wii in August, it's all Benjamin has talked about.
So I gave in. We decided to buy him a Wii for his birthday in December. But deciding to buy one, and actually finding one are two different stories. I buy almost everything I need online. It's so easy to just have something show up at my door, so I figured I'd do the same thing for the Wii.
Adam called home from work on Saturday and said, "We may have a problem. The Wii is sold out everywhere." So we decided I should make some calls and find out when stores are expecting shipments and we could be crazy people and camp out or something. I called our local Walmart, and found out they got a shipment in yesterday, and there were two left. I sent Adam down there immediately!
And so the whole time he was gone I was on pins and needles!! I couldn't do anything, I couldn't concentrate on anything at all! I was wandering around the house thinking, "surely, he should have called me by now to let me know!" Or, I was thinking, "If I call him, he could be right in the middle of an intense race to find it, and the phone ringing would distract him!"
Luckily, we got the Wii. There were no camp outs to be first in line. There was no defensive, or evasive action to keep hold of the box while fending off angry mothers who didn't get their Wii.
So Benjamin's birthday will be a happy one, and now I can sleep at night, not worrying about trying to find THE right present.
6 comments:
How fun Erin! He'll love it! You guys were lucky to find one.
Awesome! We had to do the same thing last year with the Xbox 360- lol. Brian would like a Wii as well :) He is trying to convince me by saying that it will be good "exercise"- lol
That is great you found one. I would love a Wii as well. It has some fun things to play and is totally interactive. My parents have one and I can get quite competitive on the tennis game.
I'm so glad you found one and didn't have to camp out like crazy people. (it's kinda freezing outside)
Lucky Benjamin...I totally want a Wii - they look SO FUN!
Erin- I can't believe what Idaho has done to you. You will always remember this as the turning point in your life when your decent upbringing took a turn for the worse. Nate is getting a train table for Christmas becuase all of his friends have one, and I can't stand to think of him not having everything that his friends have, and he will be happy about it wheather he likes it or not.
Lucky Benjamin! I prefer pc gaming over console gaming but either way it's a great gift.
Post a Comment