Last week, while watching some show on the food network, a statistic was mentioned which has disturbed me greatly.
The average American eats 6 slices of pie a year.
My jaw hit the floor, because I can eat 6 slices of pie in one weekend. I grew up eating pie. It's what we did on Sunday. So the average person in my family ate 40 slices of pie a year, that's not counting things like cheesecake, which obviously deserves it's own category.
So anyway. I'm not advocating over eating, or anything like that, I'm just saying, go eat some pie. And here's a lovely little solution to your pie deprived life.
Pie Night.
Every Thanksgiving, we are assaulted with so many choices of pie: Pumpkin, apple, lemon, chocolate, berry...the list could go on and on. And how do you choose,let alone enjoy eating it, after having eaten so much in the way of turkey and stuffing?
So on the night before Thanksgiving, you invite your nearest and dearest to your home, and indulge in pie. Everyone brings their favorite, and you can eat to your heart's content. Get your six slices of pie taken care of for the year.
This year, I'm having our Pie Night on Monday, and involving some of our friends in the area. And maybe this is better, so that you can eat all the pie you want on Monday, then again on Thursday.
So if you've got a pie recipe you would love to share, let us know about it!
4 comments:
I just think this post is too funny. I definitely eat 6 slices of pie a year, probably less. So I fit the statistic. On a totally unrelated note (but in my mind it is) I found out last winter that most people don't get the flu each year (this came up in a conversation with my co-worker who is in her 60s and has only had the flu two times or something) - to which I realized I get it once a year. I thought that was normal. Needless to say this year I got a flu shot. ~H
This post is so funny. I too think cheesecake deserves it's own category! I know I definitely eat more than 6 slices per year.
And I love your pie night idea. I was just talking to my Mom today to see how we were going to divide up pie duties this year and which ones to make...so many choices for one day of gorging ourselves. Of course I always have to have one of each kind.
That is so funny. I love this post. I agree that 6 slices is hardly nothing! I love pie and love to eats lots of it!!
Great idea, however I am not much of a pie person, other than the peach pie recipe on the blog. I LOVE THAT!
Hi Everyone.I changed my blog address to www.cameronandlori.blogspot.com
so makesure you change it too! Sorry it was driving me crazy though! Thanks.
Post a Comment