Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Issues, it's all about the issues

I'm an emotional eater. I'll admit it and realize that maybe through years of therapy I could kick the habit, but I really don't want to. This morning has been one of THOSE mornings. Interruptions every 3 minutes on the treadmill, "Mom I'm hungry," "Mom I stubbed my toe," "Mom Isaac needs you," Mom Mom Mom... And sure enough Isaac needs me--the kid screams bloody murder when I put him down, or walk out of his sight. And how many times in one morning can Dora the Explorer be on tv?

Anyway, I'm in need of a snack. And I'm desperately trying to loose the last 5-10 pounds of baby weight (from Madeleine!) so raiding the Halloween candy isn't really an option. And while I'm debating eating seven or eight of these which I made over the weekend, that's not really an option either. The leftover green salad from last night which I saved thinking what a fantastic lunch it would be today really isn't what I had in mind either. So what's a girl to do?

6 comments:

Kacey said...

I struggle with these same eating issues everyday. I just can't help myself, snacking is a weakness... Bill calls me a grazer. (its so flattering having my eating habits compared to a cow) :-)
I can't seem to drop those last post baby 5/10 pounds either! UGH!! So I totally related to this post (especially the treadmill part - some days it's impossible!)

Jess Perry said...

I hate that. I would just grab the cinnamon roll because it is easy and fast. And it is impossible somedays to get a minute to yourself...and I only have one right now. I also keep protein bars in the pantry (the ones from Costco, they are the PROTEIN brand) and they are delicious. They kind of are like a candy bar, but better for you and fast!!

Lori said...

Sorry Erin. I have major issues here to right now. But isn't it nice to know we all do? I think so. You are all making me feel a little better. Bad timing with the holidays too. I wish I had answers, but I don't.

Jen said...

I totally relate to this post and unfortunately, I have more than 5-10 pounds of baby weight I want to lose! I am definitely an emotional eater and I've been terrible the last month with all the candy and treats around. As for exercising--it's so hard for me to get motivated to jump on the treadmill when I know that Caleb will be in the other room destroying the house, opening the fridge over and over and getting into everything. Or he'll be in the room with me putting things on the treadmill track so he can watch them fly off the end. Austin doesn't cry much, except when I'm exercising it seems! So frustrating!!

Angie said...

Ok, first of all I say if all you have to lose is 5-10 pounds, you've already won. Seems like I have about 5-10 lbs from each baby (I now have 4 kids, you do the math!!!)that I need to lose. And the fact that you actually make it to the treadmill at all, well, that's bonus points in my book. I've just taken on the mentality of "who cares" with all the worries I have in the world today, my weight is not going to be one of them, I have more important things to do. So I say... pass the chocolate!!!!

Mike and Stacie said...

Well everyone...I'm in the same dilema! I have a BIG sweet tooth and I want to loose the same 10 lbs that everyone else does. The problem with me is I don't have kids to blame the weight gain on...Just myself!! It can be very frustrating trying to stay healthy in a busy life, where it seems there is always something better to do.