So to celebrate, here are some random things about my kids from last week:
Isaac has learned to pull himself up to standing! So now when I get him from his crib, he's standing up. And while he's not "technically" crawling, he is all over the place, and I'm finding it hard to adjust to life with an almost toddler again who will pull all the books off the bookshelf just for fun. If my camera worked, I'd put a cute picture here.
Madeleine has an imaginary friend named Becca. Becca has been our constant companion for a long time. This is what Becca looks like:

We were lucky enough to get this shot at a sculpture garden in Jackson Hole over the summer. Madeleine ran up to this little girl and said, "This is what Becca looks like!" One day this past week while dropping Benjamin off at school, Becca was once again spotted. We were there a bit early, so Benjamin had to wait a couple of minutes before I'd let him get out of the car. There was one little boy who was there already and Benjamin rolled his window down to talk to him. Not to be outdone, Madeleine rolled down her window and started yelling, "Becca! Becca!" I had to chuckle.
Benjamin had his first report card last week. I'm happy to report that for the most part, his skills are above grade level. He's such a good kid. His teacher told me he was a "toe the line, follow the rules" kind of student. She said he was the best reader in her group. So I'm very proud of my little boy!
3 comments:
So glad you are feeling better today! Dallin is doing that standing thing in his crib too which is very new for me because Malia never did. I think its so cute but get nervous he might decide one day to jump over the side since he seems to have no fear of falling over edges yet.
And I love the imaginary friend - that's hilarious.
That is great you are feeling better!! My little girl was standing at the edge of her crib forever...but I have a jumper! She will sit and hold on and jump as much as she can! One day she will jump right out...You have such a cute family!
the moosh has an imaginary friend, I think hers looks like a frog though.
I sat on him the other day, she wasn't pleased with my lack of observation.
Post a Comment