Monday, November 26, 2007

I can hear the bells!

You may recall I'm a fan of musicals. In fact, I just can't get enough of them. So when I saw that Hairspray was available on dvd, off I ran to Walmart to buy it.


Oh. My. Goodness. I knew I was in love when the opening song was "Good Morning Baltimore." Could life get any better? A musical, set in Baltimore! With a cameo of John Waters as the neighborhood flasher! And John Travolta in drag! And Link!

I was laughing and laughing as I heard John Travolta talk in the correct Baltimore accent, and his use of "hon" is just perfect!

And pregnant women smoking and drinking! And "Negro Day!"

I grinned through the whole thing, tapping my foot, dancing around, singing at the top of my lungs.

Oh "Hairspray," you've been moved into my top 10 movie list!

7 comments:

Kacey said...

Ok - Now I MUST go rent and watch it. I've really had no desire to see Travolta in drag but my sister had about the same reaction as you...she LOVED this movie and said you can't not just get up and dance when watching this.

Lauren Perry said...

We just watched this last night! I LOVED it! The cast could not have been more perfect!
ps- is it sad that I think that little Link Larkin (aka Zac Effron) is a hottie? He is like 20! Oh I am getting so old

Jess Perry said...

I really have to see that movie. I have heard that it is awesome!

Erin said...

I never understood the teenage frenzy about Zac Effron. I didn't really like him in High School Musical. But oh my goodness! Link Larkin? He's hot!

Jess Perry said...

Can you do me a favor and send me your address? I am getting ready to send out Christmas cards and want to update my address list? Thanks! jessbperry@hotmail.com

Savanna said...

I LOVED this movie too. It is so fun. I agree with you and Lauren Link is a hottie! I love when good fun clean movies come out.

Erin said...

Clean! It's a clean movie, but there are a few distinct choice words that Madeleine is now saying, like "itch" and "a$$". She really is saying itch. We had a discussion about how you could say it if you had an itch, but it's not a nice word to say about people!