Benjamin has some hidden talents. He's not the bravest or toughest kid on the block. He'll scream bloody murder if you need to extract a splinter. He tends to day dream while biking.
But he can play a mean game of Lego Star Wars on the Wii.
He's learning how to make explosions and twirl paint sticks from his cousin Jordan.
And, ever since he's been little, he's been able to catch and kill flies. I'd had three flies in my house for the past couple of days, that I just couldn't get. But Benjamin? He's a Fly Hunter!
When he was three years old, he'd stand on a stool in my kitchen and catch tiny baby flies with a napkin.
And today, I finally gave in and got the expert. Within 10 minutes, he'd gotten all three flies.
Maybe he just has the patience to stick with it. After I miss twice I'm done. Or maybe he really hunts those flies down with skill and precision. Whatever the reason, I'm glad he's honed this particular skill.
1 comment:
How much money do you think you could make off of him? Enough to pay for college? Or maybe an ice cream cone?
Post a Comment