Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Here comes the bride

Last Saturday I went to a beautiful wedding down on the river. The bride was beautiful, the food was delicious, the weather was wonderful. The whole evening was really nice, especially when I remembered how wonderful it is I'm not a single girl.

Do you know what I'm talking about?

The bouquet toss.

Maybe you loved it, I personally hated it. I always hid out with my mom who was cutting the cake at any wedding I went to as a single girl.

So I sat there, watching the girls wait for the bouquet, and remembered how wonderful it is to be married.

4 comments:

Megan Cobb said...

AMEN, sister. AMEN. I can't recall ever actually catching a bouquet as a single girl. I probably lunged in the opposite direction if one ever came my way. Still ended up married to the best man in the world, though, so it all worked out okay in the end. :)

Ben and Jenn said...

I am with you! It is good to be married!

Nicole said...

I don't miss those days. I still think back to our wedding wondering why - if I didn't like it so much... why did I subject others to it? I must say, it is much more fun to toss than it is to catch. I guess it goes along with "It's better to give than to receive".

Anonymous said...

Oh what a joy it is to be married! Our anniversary is coming up in less than a week!