Thursday, March 27, 2008

Oh the Places we went!

On one day, we went to a tiny amusement park. There were 4 rides: a rollercoaster Benjamin was too short to ride, bumper cars Benjamin was too short to drive, a carosel, and tea cups.

"Mom, I'll sit by her, but don't make me look at her."

One day we went to Washington DC to go to the museums. We went to the National Gallery of Art, ("Mom, are we done looking at pictures yet?!") The Museum of Natural History, and the Air and Space Museum, both were big hits, as usual.

"Enough dinosaurs, where's the Hope Diamond?"


We rode the metro into Baltimore (I was a little concerned that Madeleine would ask where Tracy and Link were, and how come no one was singing!) to go to the Science Center. This place was a hit--the whole place is a hands on, learning museum, so the kids had a great time and never wanted to leave.


We especially didn't want to leave when we saw that it was pouring outside and we had about 5 blocks to walk to get to the metro stop!

"We're singin' in the rain!"


Isaac was a trooper about riding places in his stroller, but he did have to get out on the metro to see what the heck was going on!


Madeleine was adorable as usual, and charmed Grandma with her curls! Grandma even let Madeleine wear some of her gorgeous jewelry!

Isaac was a typical one year old, and got into EVERYTHING! If it could be opened, he did. If it could be pulled off a shelf, off it came. But he really loved just hanging out in the can.

We dyed Easter Eggs and had an egg hunt with cousins Joia and Nate.

And of course, Grandma White made Madeleine an Easter dress.

So thank you to Grandma and Grandpa who put up with our messes and stinky diapers. Thank you to Aunt Lauren, and cousins Nate and Graham who upset their normal routines to come visit us every day. Thank you to Uncle David and cousin Joia who came to visit us on a couple of days also! Thank you to Adam who let us be gone for so long, and did so much while we were gone. It's good to go visiting, but it's oh so good to be home.

5 comments:

Jen said...

I am so glad that you had a great time with your family! It sounds like you were able to do lots of fun things! The kids sure look cute in their Easter outfits.

Amy said...

Hey Erin!! This is Amy! I didnt know you had a blog! I saw your link on nicoles blog. I have one too: www.razberrybaby.blogspot.com. Wow you are brave taking all the kids and flying back east by yourself. I havent been back in a couple years. Your family is adorable!! Drop me a line sometime!!

Jess Perry said...

Looks like you had a fun trip. I love carosels and rollercoaters.
The Easter outfits are adorable and your kids are so stinkin cute!

Lauren Perry said...

How cute! What a fun post full of darling pics :) I love their little Easter outfits! Cannon is really into everything too :) He is just a wrecking ball, lol. I guess boys will be boys!

Mitzi said...

Hi Erin! Cute family! Sounds like quite a trip on the plane! I have a blog too, mizellfam.blogspot.com It is fun to see how you are!