Friday, March 7, 2008

I Understand

After Benjamin was born, I said to myself that I didn't know why or how women could do that, like, 10 or 12 times or so. I pretty much thought those women were nuts, and needed their heads examined. I hated being pregnant, giving birth was no picnic, and then the recovery was just awful! And while he was a baby I thought, yeah, babies are fun and all, but are they fun enough to have 10 or 12? Nah.

Six years later, he's not a baby anymore. He's in kindergarten. He plays Wii. He reads. He writes books. He plays soccer, and t-ball. He loves to bowl.

And even after Madeleine was born, my Benjamin was only barely 2 years old, so they were both sweet little babies. And I still thought that babies were cool, but really not worth going through the effort to have 10 or 12.

But this time around, things are different. I have a 6 year old, AND a baby at the same time. And oh my goodness, the sweetness of a baby cannot be compared to anything. My 6 year old is awesome. But that sweet baby? Wow. So I totally understand why you would continue to have babies.


And this baby? He's growing up too fast. One year old today.

1 comment:

Kacey said...

Is he 1 year old already? Happy Happy Birthday! Is it just me or does time seem to go faster with each child? I couldn't believe it when Dallin turned 1...it just didn't seem right that a year had gone by already!