Here are the instructions:
1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3.Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next five sentences.
5. Tag five people.
I just finished The Joy Luck Club, so here it is:
I was about to get up and chase them, but my mother nodded toward my four brothers and reminded me: "Dangsying tamende shenti," which means "Take care of them," or literally, "Watch out for their bodies." These bodies were the anchors of my life: Matthew, Mark, Luke and Bing. I fell back onto the sand, groaning as my throat grew tight, as I made the same lament: "Why?" Why did I have to care for them?
And she gave the same answer: "Yiding."
I must.
I have to say, this book is so interesting. It's interesting to think about the different cultures in the world, and how people are trained in each one. This book is the story of 4 chinese women, and their daughters and how those roles are defined. The mothers grew up in China, the daughters in America. So the differences in culture and ways of thinking and showing respect are almost literally worlds apart. Good read.
I tag Lauren and Stacie.
No comments:
Post a Comment