Thursday, December 6, 2007

I hate it when this happens!

Our neighborhood is home to a rather strong willed, dare I say, naughty little girl. She's 5 years old and lives down the street from us. One day last week she knocked on our door to see if Madeleine could play. She came in, and the first thing she said to me was, "I asked my mom if I could come over and play." I confirmed this with her by saying, "Your mom said it was okay if you came over to our house." She said yes. So I sent her to Madeleine's room to play.

Half an hour later, I noticed the mother of this little girl frantically running through the neighborhood. Great. I called out to her that her daughter was here. She came running up to the door, telling me all the places she'd been looking: the canal, the other neighbor's backyards, the empty lots, the houses under construction.....

I felt awful. I should have known that this somewhat naughty little girl wouldn't have been completely forthright with her information.

Her mother had to carry her to the car kicking and screaming because she didn't want to leave.

And hey, speaking of kicking and screaming, check back tomorrow for an account of taking my kids to get flu shots! It will rival Malia's trip to the dentist!

1 comment:

Kacey said...

Oh dear, if it was anything like that experience then I feel bad for you already! Anxious to hear about it...