Sunday, July 11, 2010

Our week in pictures (July 6-11)

Tuesday:
The third time's the charm, hopefully. Today we went to an ENT to talk about Isaac's enormous tonsils. Ever since he got sick back in May, his tonsils have been swollen, and he hasn't been able to talk well, to eat, to sleep, and he's just been miserable. The doctor said that his ears still had fluid in them (which explains why he also periodically told me he couldn't hear me!), and that yes, those tonsils are huge. We're trying another round of stronger antibiotic to help the ears, and we'll check back to make a final decision about taking the tonsils out.
Wednesday:
The bathroom is almost finished! Here's Adam doing grout on the tile surrounding the tub. It will be so nice to have a functioning bathroom.
Thursday:
Because I had been home for about a week and a half, I decided to pack up and hit the road again! Andrew was not excited, and in retrospect, I should have paid attention to him! We headed down to Provo to spend some time with my mom and brothers' family. We went to a small water park with two of my big brothers and their kids. Surprisingly, Isaac didn't really get in the water. I think he had a bad experience recently and has become very cautious about water. But we had a great time till a thunder storm rained us out.
Friday:
We spent the majority of the day at Utah Lake. The kids had a great time playing at the beach, and riding in the boat. Isaac and Benjamin both had a turn being pulled on the tube. Benjamin fell out, but got right back up and kept on going.
Saturday:
These three boys were just hanging out talking, and I couldn't resist taking a picture of them. What a good looking crew.
Later that night, we had a special request dinner. My sister Amber always has such creative, new and interesting things to eat when we go there. I was super excited to see a bowl filled with tomatoes, limes and avocados when I got there--that always foretells a delicious future! One the things she likes to make for dinner is popcorn and shakes. My brother doesn't really think of this as a meal. He's famous for saying, as he's eating the popcorn, "Is this all we're having?" and Amber replies, "Of course not! I'm making shakes too!" But my kids LOVE it, and always request it when we go there. I must admit, I find it delicious also.
Sunday:
If there's one thing worse than having the throw-ups, it's having them at someone else's house. Poor Madeleine woke up at 1:00 in the morning moaning about her tummy hurting. I knew it was coming because my mom, who was visiting, had been sick the day before. We lay there and I kept hoping and praying that she wouldn't throw up, but sure enough up came the popcorn and shakes! Poor thing. She spent the rest of the day huddled on the couch feeling miserable. And then Isaac got the throw-ups also. We left early hoping to get home before it hit me. We'll keep you posted on that!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hmmmm...I guess it's like you're standing above Adam in that picture? It almost seems like he's floating.