Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Our week in pictures (July 19-25)

Monday:
Benjamin and his friend were headed outside to play, when they came running back in to tell me there was a snake on the patio! I totally flipped out, but remembered to grab my camera, and ran to see what it was. I took a picture, and texted Adam to tell him. One second after I pushed send, Adam called to find out what was going on. He asked if he needed to come home and take care of it, and I said it could wait till lunch time. But he was home half an hour later. By that time, the snake had disappeared, which was unnerving. I mean, I was glad it was gone, but that meant it was loose somewhere in my yard! And of course, I had no idea what kind of snake it was. I saw the little diamonds on it's skin so I obviously thought it was a diamond back! Then, we thought maybe it was a rattlesnake--conveniently the picture I took doesn't include the end of it's tail to confirm or refute that theory. And finally we've decided it was just a common garden snake. But it's a snake, and it's creepy.
Tuesday:
At about 5:30 Benjamin came to tell me he had a loose tooth. Half an hour later we hopped in the car to take his friend home. On our way back home, the tooth came out. 45 minutes from start to finish. That's much preferable to the weeks it's taking for Madeleine to lose her other front tooth!
Thursday:
We needed some cinnamon rolls, and Isaac wanted to help. So he got on his apron and "helped."
Saturday:
This week has been consumed by projects. Our master bathroom is so close to being finished, but we keep thinking of things to do that would make it that much more wonderful. We decided to change the color of our bedroom, which was a major undertaking. It was blue, now it's not. This is what I did all day Saturday.
Sunday:
Isaac has two speeds: ultra fast, and sleeping. He had taken a late nap on Saturday afternoon, so he stayed up later that night. Then we couldn't get him to take a nap after church so by the time bedtime came around he was exhausted. I had been reading "Summer of the Monkeys" to the kids, and Isaac had been bouncing off the walls until he came to sit by me. I could tell he was slowing down and then he just lay down and crashed.

2 comments:

Elise said...

Ewww! I hope that snake doesn't decide to come visit me!!!
As I recall you make very yummy cinnamon rolls, I'll have to get your recipe sometime.
The paint looks great!! Looks like lots of hard work

Angie said...

You have the same reaction to snakes that I do. YUCK!! I love the one of Isaas sleeping on the couch. Noah is the SAME way!!!!