Monday, July 19, 2010

Our week in pictures (July 12-18)

Monday:
You can tell a lot about a person by how they act when they are sick. Madeleine lay on the couch and barely moved, but didn't really say anything at all. Isaac would run to the bathroom to throw up and then go back to playing, like it was no big deal. Benjamin lay on my bed and whined and moaned things like, "I can't take it anymore!" or, "Why do bad things always happen to me?" or, "I'm never going to get better!" So I got to lay there and listen to him. Luckily, my favorite movie of all time (Roman Holiday) was on so I could tune him out.
Tuesday:
I put Andrew down to play, and the next place I found him was standing up by the bookshelf! He's highly mobile and can pull himself up now.
Wednesday:
Despite Adam's best efforts, which included following us all around with a can of Lysol and spraying anything we touched, he got sick and stayed in bed all day today. But I didn't take a picture of him!

Thursday:
The kids ran through the sprinklers for a while today. Isaac never actually got wet, but he had to change into his suit just like the big kids!
Friday:
For Friday Fun Night, we went on a bike ride to Gossner's for ice cream. We rode along the river, and I thought to myself that I just love where we live. I remember pushing Benjamin in a stroller along that path when the trees were just sticks, and now they form a canopy above our heads.
Saturday:
We had a BBQ with some friends, and the kids went swimming in their little pool, complete with water slide!

Sunday:
Our bedtime routine is pretty fun. We say prayers, then Adam says "To the trees!" and we all slow motion run down the hallway while Adam sings the theme to "Chariots of Fire." Once the kids are in bed and have said their prayers, Adam walks out of the room, being careful to not step on any frogs! You can tell when he misses because the frogs say "ribbit," but when he lands on one, they say "croak!" The kids think Adam is so funny and it's so much fun! This night, we played a game to decide who would say the family prayer. We held out our fists, and on the count of three, we held out however many fingers we wanted. The fun thing about this game is that Adam makes up the rules as he goes, and changes them whenever he wants, so you never know how to win! So the first time we played, I "won" and said the prayer. Then we played it a couple more times to decide how to line up for our race to bed. Adam was changing the rules, as usual, but this time, the kids outsmarted him and we all held out the exact same number of fingers! Adam would say, "One, two, three, go!" and we'd show our fingers. Isaac only heard "Go!" and he kept running back to his room, and them coming back out to see why no one else had followed! I sat there and thought, "This is my picture of the day!" but since I didn't want to disturb the fun we were having, I took a mental picture of us all sitting in a circle on the floor with one finger on each hand held out, laughing like crazy!

No comments: