Monday:
There are a lot of travels in our future, and it sure would be nice if Andrew would use a binky. And a bottle for that matter. I give him the binky, he chews on it, and spits it out. This time, he actually sucked on it for a little while, so I figured it was worthy of a picture. You can tell, from the look on his face, that he thinks it's totally weird.
Tuesday:
Whenever Isaac gets scissors, I'm guaranteed a mess to clean up. This was no exception. He watched me cut out a box top from our cereal box, then figured that if I was cutting stuff up, he could too. He was really proud when he was all done, and he honestly thought he was helping me. And hey, it kept him quiet and occupied for at least 20 minutes.
Wednesday:
Happy Cinco de Mayo! Ten years ago today, Adam and I were married in the Washington D.C. temple. It was probably the hottest day of the year that day, and so humid. It was sort of oppressively hazy. Which is the complete opposite of the weather here! We went out to lunch, and Adam sent me flowers. What a great guy he is.

Thursday:
Sometimes, it's hard to find something to take a picture of. This day was busy, but nothing really noteworthy happened. Madeleine had a dress rehearsal for her recital, the boys did not want to come so they hung out with Grandma Hansen (thanks!). And I didn't take a picture of Madeleine in her costume, because she didn't have her hair and make up done. That will happen this week. So I settled for a picture of something ordinary. My tennis shoes right where I took them off after my run. I don't necessarily enjoy running, but I love being able to say that I do run, and running miles on end allows me to eat almost whatever I want.
Friday:
The fever came back. Here's Isaac after a dose of Motrin, pushing around his bus. He was supposed to be resting, but tried to sneak in some play time behind my back. I caught him. I think right after I took this picture he started yelling at me about how he hated the idea of a picture. To quote him, "I HATE HATE HATE it!"
Saturday:
This is what my day looked like. Doing my best to keep fevers down, throats from hurting and ears from aching. Isaac, Andrew and I spent two hours at the weekend clinic waiting for a diagnosis of strep and an ear infection that the amoxicillin hadn't cleared up. Now we're on something else. Hopefully it works.
Sunday:
For Isaac's naps, I give him a cup of milk, he drinks it in bed, and then chucks the empty cup somewhere into his room. It's always an adventure trying to find the cup. Or, if I don't find it and it sits for a couple of days, that's always lovely too. Today, he was so wiped out that he fell asleep while holding the cup. Poor guy. I think he slept for five hours.
4 comments:
I hate hate hate it! ? Do you guys watch Cars? That is one line from that movie that my kids have not picked up yet. Hope that Isaac is feeling better soon!
No, I think that Isaac just has a lot of hate in his little soul. Maybe that's not right. Let's just say he feels passionately about things.
POOR Issac. I hate hate hate going to the Urget Care clinic it is the WORST. A little over a year ago I had to take Braiden there for an ear infection, and we sat in the waiting room so long I think I caught sickness from every person in that room. Good thing it's there but I still hate it.
Congrats on your ten year anniversary!!
Oh sounds like it's been hell at your house. So sorry. I hope everyone is on the mend now. :)
Post a Comment