At ten on the dot we were at the weekend clinic ready for a diagnosis. Adam stayed home from work because he came down with the same junk Isaac had. I decided, as we waited in the office for a solid hour and a half, that the way they decided who to help next was probably a lottery system. When you're in the waiting room, you know who was there before you, and theoretically, when you should get called back. We were called back in the right order, but then I think they just left us there and helped everyone else. I heard a baby crying--no babies were called back before us--and then no crying. I heard people walking up and down the hallway frequently. Doors opening and closing. Isaac gave up and fell asleep on the floor.
Finally, the doctor. We went over all the symptoms, and she strongly indicated that since he had already been on an antibiotic it was no doubt viral, and there was probably nothing they could do. I thought to myself, "If we waited here for an hour and a half, with my poor baby asleep on the floor and you're not going to give me any sort of an answer I will be irate."
Then she looked in his mouth and noticed he has freakishly large Hansen tonsils. One positive strep test, and check of his ears later, we left with a shot in the leg, and a prescription for a different antibiotic. Isaac slept all afternoon. Adam gave in and went to the clinic himself and now has his own antibiotics. We are hopeful that there is sleep in our future.
So I plan to spend my Mother's day being a mom and nursing my peeps back into health.
2 comments:
Sounds miserable, good luck. They all owe you one for the missed mother's day.
That's truly what mother's do so no better way to spend mother's day, right :)? I hope the antibiotics work this time and that your family gets feeling better.
Post a Comment