Saturday, May 22, 2010

Her own personal message in a bottle

Since we moved Madeleine's bed into the boys' room she is sort of in limbo as to where her room actually is. All of her toys are still in her old bedroom, but her bed is not. We moved her barbie dollhouse into our room so she would have somewhere to play when Andrew is asleep. (All this points to the fact that we have outgrown this house...) Anyway, this morning I heard an exchange between Madeleine and Benjamin that made me laugh. Benjamin enjoys having his own private space, and with two other people in his room that doesn't happen all that often, if ever. He deals with it, because he's a good, obedient kid, but every once in a while he blows up and demands that everyone leave him alone. This was such a morning. But Andrew was asleep, and Madeleine had no where else to go.
Benjamin said, "Leave my room!"
Madeleine replied, "But I want to play in here!"
Benjamin countered with, "Well then, be quiet!"
Madeleine pointed out, "I have to make noise to play!"
This was when Benjamin left the room and Madeleine was left to make all the noise she wanted. A couple of minutes later I noticed she wasn't making any noise and I needed to check it out.
I found that the door to their room was closed and locked. Keep in mind that the door locks on the outside for containment purposes. We rarely use that feature these days, but it's always nice to be able to threaten with it. So I went in and found Madeleine sad as can be, all alone, and very quiet. I asked her if Benjamin had locked her in, and she said no.
I then found a piece of paper on the ground outside the door.
"I loct myself in Bens room Mady"
I guess after she locked herself in, she realized it was a bad idea and decided to send out a message for help!

No comments: