Sunday, April 11, 2010

Our week in Pictures (April 5-11)

Monday:
After all the kids were in bed, I looked over at Adam and said, "I forgot to take a picture today. Do you want to be it?" He said no. So pretend you're looking at a picture of Adam on the couch watching tv.

Tuesday:
Benjamin is in sore need of a haircut. His hair is very manageable when it's short, it almost doesn't need to be combed. But when it's long, it tends to look pretty bad. Every morning as I do his hair, I try to convince him that the spiked look would be good. He always refuses.
Wednesday:
This was a crazy day. I had a baby shower to attend in the evening, at the same time Adam had mutual. So I was thinking I'd just take all the kids, leave them in the car, run in and run back out. In the end, Madeleine and Benjamin were invited to the movies with Grandma, Grandpa, Ashley, Mason, Parker and Sophi. They were going to see "How to train your dragon." But before they left, they had to eat dinner. As usual, Madeleine didn't want to eat it. I told her she had to or she couldn't go to the movies. Isaac was also not interested in eating. He just wanted milk, and I told him he couldn't have any more milk till he ate some food. I stepped away (a tragic mistake) to change Andrew's diaper. While I was gone, WWIII broke out at the counter about a cup of milk. I think Isaac was trying to steal Madeleine's milk. Madeleine was holding on for dear life, and it's a miracle the milk didn't end up on the floor. What did end up on the floor was Madeleine's dinner. So, too bad for her, she was sent to her room and since she didn't eat, she couldn't go to the movie. So. I had put down Andrew to see if I could end the war, and he started screaming. Isaac was crying about not getting the milk, and now Madeleine was in her room throwing a huge fit about not getting to go to the movie. It was awesome. I only had about 10 minutes to get everything taken care of and out the door. Things were not going well. In the end, Madeleine had about a minute to eat an acceptable amount of food, and she did, and was able to go to the movie. Amazingly, everyone stopped crying and got into the car in time to get to the movie, and then for me to take the two little boys to the shower.
This is excessively long, but what happened at the shower was pretty cute also. Isaac knows the lady whose house we were going to. They are pretty good buds, so I wasn't worried. Isaac tends to not do well in new situations, or places with a lot of people. We got out of the car, all excited to go to a party at Karla's house. He walked up to the door, and saw all those people inside and slowly backed away. He wouldn't set foot inside at all. So I put Andrew down inside, and came back out to see what I could negotiate. He was holding the gift, so I told him I needed him to take it inside for me. He said he could do that, so he slowly walked up to the open door, placed the gift just barely inside and then backed away again! I had to laugh. Karla finally convinced him to come inside, with the promise of candy and army guys.
After we got home, I got Andrew to bed, Isaac all bathed and we sat on the couch together reading his favorite book, "Curious George and the dump truck."
Thursday:
I ordered a bumbo for Andrew. I was hoping that it would be helpful when I needed to get things done, and he didn't want to be too far away from me. He sort of likes it.

Friday:
Before Friday Fun Night, Benjamin got out his sketch book and started writing and illustrating stories. All of his stories involve super hero turtles.
Saturday:
Adam needed to build a ramp for the lawn mower to get in and out of the shed. So his trusty helper Isaac was ready to work on this project. Unfortunately, Isaac got a little sliver in this pinky. Later that night, after his bath, I pulled it out. It was an easy one to get out, which I was glad of. As I was walking to the trash with it, Benjamin came running up and asked to look at it. I showed it to him and he said, "It's not as big as my sliver was!" (click on the link to understand exactly how funny that is!)
Sunday:
I was hoping to get a picture of all the kids in their Easter clothes for today's picture. That was not meant to be. Madeleine changed before dinner, and I was too lazy to change her back. So instead, here are pictures of three of the kids, the boys in their sweaters, Madeleine in just a play dress, all wearing 3D glasses from the movie this week.


They are a bit scary looking.

1 comment:

Karla, A Cali Girl in Idaho! said...

Hey Brooke and Kenzi have those too! Look at my slide pictures. :)