Wednesday, June 25, 2008

In search of the great white whale

When we moved into our house six years ago, we noticed that it had been decorated by an old lady. That is to say, the walls were tinted pink, and the fixtures were bright, shiny gold.

This is the actual wall paper that was in the master bedroom. It was literally the first thing to go in the house.

Here's the lovely pink and white linoleum in the kitchen.


We've lately been modernizing and updating. The door knobs were changed, new faucets in the bathrooms. The light fixtures have all been updated, except for this one.



We are apparently asking too much from ceiling fan manufacturers. We would like something that isn't ugly, but also puts out a decent amount of light. Such a thing does not exist. We've bought TWO ceiling fans; both were lacking.


Tonight, my hero of a husband, spray painted the gold an anodized bronze, and put the old fan back up.


And Hallelujah! Light! I can see!


Now if we could only find the screws to put the fan blades back on...


2 comments:

Kacey said...

What?? I can't believe you didn't keep that lovely wallpaper. OR the pink & white linoleum! ;-)

Nice save on the ceiling fan. We had the same dilemna and ended up with NO ceiling fan in the end.

Lori said...

oh...that is so funny. That is totally what happens with us too. We lose it. Cam undid two of our underneath cabinet heater vents, and doesn't know what he did with the screws. So I know how you feel.

Braden made me rewind the commercial the other day about 6 times, and finally I had to tell him it wouldn't let me anymore. But I was proud of Band aid for switching there jingle, now bleeding... that is what they should have said;)