Friday, November 12, 2010

Our week in pictures (Nov 1-7)

Monday:
We thought we had escaped having other people get sick (Madeleine and Isaac had a 24 hour stomach bug last Sunday) until Benjamin and I came down with it Sunday night. I spent the day in bed, and at bed time, some kids joined me.
Wednesday:
Madeleine's first recital of the year. This year, they've stepped it up, and Madeleine is part of a performing group which needs quite a bit of prep work. This includes false eyelashes and a hairpiece! The hairpiece is easy, and actually saves quite a bit of time. The eyelashes are somewhat troublesome, and I haven't really gotten the hang of them. It's tricky to put them on at the exact right angle so that her eyes don't look slanty, or heavy lidded, or just plain weird.
Thursday:
I guess I let the kids watch some tv after dinner. This is a rare treat, so they were glued to the couch!

Friday:
There are few greater rewards than going to parent teacher conferences and being told that your children are wonderful! They are both at the top of their classes, well behaved, and just good kids in general. But we already knew that!

Saturday:
Candy cane Hershey's Kisses. Enough said.


3 comments:

Karla, A Cali Girl in Idaho! said...

Good job with the eyelashes! You are well on your way! I kinda miss recitals but not...

Elise said...

Madeleine is a DOLL! I love her missing two front teeth.

Anonymous said...

This is another pic I have on display life size in my large digital picture displays in the main living area of my home and my bedroom https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgeG_CHWM0tLPB5LB-juimBFk9rQkqn6U1FBk6Md9euJD1rSJ7d-93ZBz5969KUmz7sG9G_z6US2AjrNitBG1KkF1C6CLDF56EMDhOQRBuSSWEylNAJkQZQrR6wCM8SAwBJ5dHc4Zh-FIdB/s0/IMG_1594.JPG I have more fun with her than you can imagine!