Monday, February 1, 2010

Our week in pictures

Tuesday:
I spend a lot of time in my car. I take the kids to school every day, and then pick them up after school. With Madeleine being in kindergarten, I make a mid day trip to the school also. So that's three round trips to school every day (usually with a screaming baby in the back). This day, we got home from school for 15 minutes, then headed back out to take Benjamin to scouts. Forty-five minutes later we went to pick him up. And for the last trip of the day, I headed to the high school with Madeleine for a cheer camp put on by the high school cheerleaders. I probably logged a full hour in the car just going back and forth all day long.

Wednesday:
We were working on the favors for Madeleine's birthday party. We made letters out of crayons spelling the names of Madeleine's friends. The site I got the directions from said it was so much fun, you would find yourself breaking and peeling brand new crayons just so you could melt them down in these molds. It wasn't that fun. As we were peeling and breaking the crayons, Madeleine was singing from The Little Mermaid, "Betcha on land, they understand they they don't reprimand their daughters. Bright young women, sick of swimin' ready to SPEND!"

Thursday:
Madeleine performed the cheer and dance she learned at the cheer camp on Tuesday during the varsity girls basketball game. I walked in the hallway holding a screaming Andrew, while she sat with about 60 other little girls cheering on the team. I asked her if she'd rather be a cheerleader or a dancer, and she said she wasn't sure.

Friday:
This whole week was about Madeleine it seems! On Friday Madeleine turned six. Her best friend had moved away about 5 months ago, so we invited her up for a sleepover. We drove to Snowville to meet her. I don't believe they slept much that night--staying up till at least 10, and then up again at 6:30. They had a great time together.

Saturday:
Another busy day! Madeleine's birthday party was this afternoon, and we had to scramble to get things ready for it! When I asked Madeleine what she wanted for her birthday, (meaning presents) she responded with this list:
Five bouquets of flowers
Streamers and
Balloons
So I made some tissue paper flowers, and we hung streamers across the living room for the party. She was satisfied. We had five little girls come over, and they had a wonderfully girly time making wands, and decorating cupcakes and playing with Barbies. They mostly brought her makeup, which has made Madeleine very happy.

Sunday:
Finally, someone will play Bakugan with Benjamin. I actually did play a game on Saturday night.
(This post only has six days of pictures. I started taking pictures on a Tuesday, so my weeks were going Tuesday to Monday, and that's just plain annoying. So this week goes Tuesday to Sunday, and next week, and all the following weeks will be Monday to Sunday.)

No comments: