Monday, February 8, 2010

Our week in pictures (Feb 1-7)

Monday:
I've recently begun "couponing," and I'm a little bit obsessed. Just ask my mom, I think that's all I talk about when I email her. I've just been impressed with reports I hear about people cutting their grocery bills in half, and I've thought I'd see what I could do. This is my receipt from Albertson's. I think I had a coupon for almost everything I bought that day, or I only bought things on sale. So the part that I'm super happy about is the "Today's Savings" section where it says I saved $74.47!
I also need to remember this trip to the store because it's the one Benjamin and Isaac had a wrestling match at the checkout stand over a package of gum. Isaac wanted it, Benjamin was trying to help me and they ended up on the floor yelling and wrestling. It was awesome.
Tuesday:
It's Pinewood Derby season! Here's Benjamin sanding his car, with Madeleine "helping" hold the car still. At first Benjamin was very excited about doing his car. Before we started, he asked Adam every night if that was the night they could do it. When it turned out that the sanding and more sanding was work, he lost enthusiasm. Madeleine and Isaac stuck with Adam through every step, though. Adam is making his own car, with the "help" of Madeleine and Isaac.
Wednesday:
These guys are my lunch buddies. Every day it's the same: Madeleine wants a grilled cheese, Isaac wants a hot dog with cheese, and then we cut up a bunch of apples.

Thursday:
Here's my little buddy Andrew. I think we were having a particularly good day, just hanging out.

Friday:
We've started doing something called "Friday Fun Night, " which usually means we rent a movie and have some popcorn. This week there weren't any good movies we wanted to rent. So the kids settled for a game of "don't let mom see you" and then we had ice cream sundaes.

Saturday:
Like father like son: Isaac is sitting on the couch, watching tv, playing on his laptop. This is where we usually find Adam!

Sunday:
It was Andrew's big day! We blessed him in church, and after church were able to have a fun lunch and afternoon with the Hansen family. Both of Andrew's big brothers wore this same little blessing suit, complete with booties made by Grandma White.


3 comments:

Karla, A Cali Girl in Idaho! said...

WOW Good job on the couponing! It's great saving all that money. I think I'm going to buy this cute binder cover that really looks like a purse. I'll let you know how it looks when I get it. :)

Nikki said...

I kinda started the coupon thing last year. I do it when I find the time, it takes a lot. I must admit that it is addicting also.
I love your kids silhouettes on your wall!!! How did you do them or where did you have them done? They are so fun!

Elise said...

I still can't get over Andrews blessing outfit, so cute, your mom is amazing!
Sis Moses brought Braiden his pinewood derby car last night, we were so excited! I thought he was going to just miss it, turns out he's turning 8 just in time! :)
Good job on your savings, I bet it feels good.