Sunday, February 21, 2010

Our week in pictures (Feb 15-21)

Monday:
Madeleine concocted some sort of craft aid thingy. She taped a pencil, marker, hole punch and paper to her hula hoop. This is her demonstrating how easy it is to use, "You just hold the paper up to the marker and draw!"
Tuesday:
Adam had gone back to work, and I was sitting on the couch snuggling Andrew, happy with myself that all the other kids were asleep in their beds. I remembered I hadn't taken a picture for the day, and thought this was perfect.
Ten minutes later, this head was in my lap. So much for all the kids being asleep in their beds!

Wednesday:
My kids generally don't wear clothes with words on them. But Aunt Ashley gave Andrew this, and we think it's perfectly obvious that it's a perfect shirt for him!

Thursday:
This was the very last step in the pinewood derby car assembly. They sanded the nails so they were perfectly smooth, and then put the wheels on! (And why does Benjamin's hair always stick up? It's like we never comb it!)

Friday:
So, Easter is in six weeks, and the candy is already out. But these babies will be long gone before Easter arrives. My local Walmart orders millions of bags of stupid candy, and only about ten bags of these. I know from experience that if I don't start looking as soon as the candy goes out, I won't get any. Last year, some poor soul wrote a sad little note on the empty box asking for someone to order more.

Saturday:
Today was Benjamin's first experience skiing. I was worried he wouldn't like it, and that the day would be a bust. But they had a great time, and Benjamin wants to go back as soon as he can!
Sunday:
After a truly horrendous day in church, where the whole ward watched me carry a screaming Isaac through the halls to the car, we had to some how make up and become friends again. After a good lunch, and a great nap for both of us, Isaac was ready for some help with the Leapster.


1 comment:

losing my needles said...

Andrew is so stinkin cute! I can't wait until you all come out this Summer!
Not only have I had so much control that I have not bought any girl clothes yet, but I also have not bought any Easter Candy yet. I am like the model of self control. (Except for all those donuts I ate last week...)