Sunday, February 14, 2010

The country mice visit the city mice

I took advantage of a four day weekend to head south to visit my brother and his family for a couple of days. They live in Provo, which is a tad bit bigger than Heyburn. For example, the Provo/Orem area has two universities, while Heyburn has one elementary school. So it was interesting to hear the comments coming from the backseat:

"Why are there so many people here?"
"Why are there so many stop lights here?"
"Why do we make so many turns?"
"Do you know where we're going? Are we going to get lost?"
And my personal favorite,"What's a mall?"

It made me realize that while I'm glad we do live in a small town, maybe I should take the kids to Twin more often. But Benjamin resolved all the angst they felt about being in a city with his final statement:

"So they live in a city? That means they can't see the stars, and we can."

I guess there are some definite bonuses to being country mice.

No comments: