So what do you say after that? Huh? Should I be all upbeat? Or still sad? Well, thanks to my sister here's a Christmas tag thingie.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real--this year. After last year's white trash tree decision we're thinking of going artificial, but since we don't have one yet, they are all sold out and so getting a nice one will have to wait till next year.
3. When do you put up the tree?Usually sooner rather than later, but this year we don't have a tree yet.
4. Do you like eggnog? Only my mom's homemade variety. I can't stand the storebought stuff, even though Adam says they taste the same.
5. Favorite gift received as a child? I don't remember any favorites, but one I definitely remember opening was a jewelry box. I remember this, because I said, "Just what I always wanted!" and everyone laughed, because I don't think I'd ever considered wanting a jewelry box before.
6. Hardest person to buy for? Benjamin. All he wants are Wii games.
7. Easiest person to buy for? MADELEINE!!!
8. Do you have a nativity scene? yes
9. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail.
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Once my vt gave me a tea pot. Weird.
11. Favorite Christmas Movie? The Grinch. The old one.
12. When do you start shopping? I actually bought a dvd back in October, so I think that counts.
13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes.
14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My very favorite cookie at Christmas time is a regular old chocolate chip with mint M&M's instead of chocolate chips, which you can only get now.
15. Lights on the tree? Assuming I put up a tree with lights, colored.
16. Favorite Christmas song? I'm not into Christmas songs this year. Normally I love them, but I'm having a hard time singing this year.
17. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Who knows. We'll probably stay at home this year.
18. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes
19. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star, Madeleine picked it out last year. It's ugly as sin.
20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning. But I love presents and can hardly wait myself. There's a present from my grandma sitting on my ironing board that is just calling out needing to be opened.
21. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Going to Walmart.
22. Favorite ornament theme or color? Last year, or maybe the year before, my mom made these cute Santa's out of felt. They are a Mary Engelbreit pattern, and so dang cute. She made them while waiting at the hospital for chemo with dad. I'll always love them. you can't really tell, but all the designs on the clothes are hand embroidered. There's bead on the blue Santa. They really are amazing.
23. Favorite thing for Christmas dinner? Stuffing. I know, it's a Thanksgiving thing, but I love real, homemade stuffing from the bird.
24. What do you want for Christmas this year? Oh who knows. Maybe a trip to Disneyland.
25. Who do I tag? Rebecca, Jen
5 comments:
Is this me Rebecca that you have tagged?
Yup!
I just thought you should know you are one of my favorite people. - Heather
Erin, I agree with the Eggnog comment completely. Melissa likes store bought stuff, but she at least agrees that mom's is better.
"Star, Madeleine picked it out last year. It's ugly as sin." <----cracked me up.
And those santas really are beautiful.
Post a Comment