I spent the weekend at Bear Lake with one goal in mind: I HAD to have a raspberry shake that I'd heard so much about. I've been to Bear Lake many times, but never had the shake! We get there too early in the morning, and leave too late at night to be interested in stopping. But if we were spending four whole days there, surely we could make a trip one day and get a shake! I was pretty excited.
We had a great time. Benjamin and Madeleine loved being able to play in the sand and water all day long with their cousins. We even took them for a jet ski ride--neither of them was really thrilled about it, but they went.

Isaac was so funny--
the kid hates water! So he'd walk to the edge of the lake and just stop there. Even when Adam and I left to go jet skiing, he wouldn't follow us past the water's edge! He also did not like playing in the sand. I don't think he actually sat in the sand once during the whole four days there. He was the cleanest one year old on the beach!
Thanks to Pat for putting together the Olympics on Sunday afternoon. This morning Madeleine saw the Olympic rings on tv and was amazed that someone else was having "gymnastics" like we did at Bear Lake!

The kids LOVED playing wet sponge dodge ball with Mike and Stacie. Afterwards, I heard the boys talking about who they liked best, Mike or Stacie. They all voiced an opinion one way or the other about who they liked best based on who was better at dodge ball, until Jordan piped up and said, "I like Stacie best because she's really good at dodge ball, AND she's really really pretty!"

The "grown-up" boys (and Stacie!) spent all day Monday building a cool sand castle. Yes, that's a golf course in the background.

And, as we were pulling out of town on Monday evening, Adam said to me, "We could stop for a shake, but do you really need one?" I thought about the pounds of bacon, pancakes, dutch oven chicken and potatoes, hot dogs, hamburgers, chips, candy and home made ice cream and decided that no, I really didn't NEED a shake. Maybe next year!
3 comments:
Are you talking about La Beaus? There rasberry shakes are to die for! We are hoping to go to bear lake tomorrow all day and get a shake on the way home depending on if it rains or not. Looks like you had fun!
I'm sorry you didn't get your raspberry shake. We stopped at La Beaus on our way home and shared a shake--it was worth the calories!!
Looks like a fun weekend! That's funny about Isaac. That is just how Kylie was. She's now 4 and will finally play in the sand. You for sure need your Shake next time!! It was fun to visit with you at Jeanette's wedding!
Post a Comment