School started yesterday. I wasn't really looking forward to it--I was enjoying my lazy summer days too much. Having to set an alarm clock and wake three kids to get them in the car to take Benjamin to school everyday isn't really how I'd like to start my mornings. But it has to be done! And at the end of the day, Benjamin said the three recesses he gets makes getting up worth it.

The rest of us have been busy--busy chasing Isaac! This kid is a maniac! There is no way to Isaac proof my house. We have to empty every drawer, and get rid of our chairs. He moves the kitchen chairs and stools around to get on the counter, to open cupboards, to use the water dispenser on the fridge. He climbs the bunkbed ladder, he pulls everything out of any drawer he can get to. I feel like I'm doing damage control all day! Good thing he's so cute!

Madeleine is at home with me this year, and we're doing the usual stuff, drawing, reading, dressing up and painting. And of course dancing and singing on the fireplace stage!

Also, we've been doing some building lately--well, not us technically, but on our house! We decided we needed a touch more space, and since we had a perfect little deck with a roof already built into our house, all we needed was a floor and some walls to make it a great office. So work has been moving much slower than I would like, but the end is in sight!




6 comments:
Yeah for Benjamin and school starting, he looks so happy in the picture! How exciting about your addition, you will have to post pictures when it is finished.
Ben is so cute! I can't believe he is in 1st grade already! I am so impressed with the addition. Boy, when you guys decide to do a project you really get it going. Well done! Can't wait to see it. I bet you will love having some extra space.
Ben looks pretty handsome all ready for his first day of 1st grade! The new addition is looking great--can't wait to see it when it's finished.
So cute! I feel your pain about baby proofing. I swear there is nothing else that we can baby proof- but Cannon always manages to prove us wrong! Your kiddo's are DARLING!
I bet you're so excited for the new addition to your house...that's impressive!
And about Isaac...LOL. I feel the same way about Dallin! Hardly a day goes by where I don't feel like pulling my hair out. Love the pic you took of him wrapped in cellophane!
Oh, so I'm not the only one who goes to extreme lengths to keep little people on the floor where they belong... I have chairs and stools in weird places like on top of the refrigerator or stacked on the counter. We have little people chairs and stools, I gave up on adult size chairs years ago. Damage Control! I won't even begin to comment here. I feel ya!
Post a Comment