Saturday, April 12, 2008
I am aging gracefully it seems
Next month, I turn 30. It's not going to be a big emotional crisis, maybe just a weird concept that I'm THAT OLD! But as luck would have it, I only appear to be 13. As proof of this, I offer an experience I had on our spur of the moment trip to San Diego. We met Kim and Pat there, and we had a great time with the kids at LegoLand. The next morning, we were eating breakfast at our hotel, with Kim and Pat, when the manager of the restaurant stopped by our table to see how our trip was going. He asked what we had done the previous day, and what we had planned for that day. When he found out we had gone to LegoLand, he said it was a great park for the little kids, but the teenagers found it a bit insulting that they would have to wait around for the kids to go on their rides. He then turned to me, and said, "Well, I don't know, did you have a good time?" I kind of smiled and laughed as he walked away. It took me a minute to realize, he thought Kim and Pat were the parents, with their 5 children: Adam, me, Benjamin, Madeleine and Isaac!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
lol, lucky you!
I'm turning 30 next month, but I think I have pretty much looked 30 my whole life ;) My SIL who turns 30 in december still gets ID'd though - unfair!
Happy 30th for next month, I don't know about you but I am REALLY looking forward to it! Everyone says the 30s are the best years ;)
That is a good thing. I don't know what to tell you about turning 30 but I think the hardest part about getting older is going from the teens to the twenties or the twenties to the thirties. All the other birthday's in between don't seem like such a big deal. So this is definatly a year to celebrate!
That is so funny! (a few weeks ago someone from our ward called and when I answered the phone she said " hi honey, can I speak to your mommy please?" So even though I'm 32, apparently I sound like I'm 13!)
I hope your 30th is a good one!!!
Post a Comment