Yesterday I was watching the news, and saw a piece about the fires in California. I thought about all the people being evacuated, and wondered what I would grab in the few minutes I would have to get out. It's an interesting thought.
First, I would make sure I packed up the computer. The computer has our lives on it, almost literally.
Then I figured I'd grab the kids. (Do you think it should be in the reverse order?) Anyway, once those things were in the car, I drew a blank as to what else I'd grab. I mean, my clothes? I don't like them that much. I would grab what dresses Grandma White had made that I could find within 5 minutes. An honestly, the rest is just "stuff."
I'd probably try and cram as much food stuffs and water into the car, but that's just a matter of survival, not really trying to "save."
As long as I've got my family and computer, I think I'd be set.
What about you? Think about it.
2 comments:
I think I would grab those same things (if I had kids). For sure Mike would grab his computer first too. I would want to somehow grab my piano though...I don't know how that would work.
Erin, welcome to the world of blogging! I already LOVE reading yours. (particularly loved your self-interview)
This post is definitely food for thought. I'll have to think about it for a bit. Hmmm, what to save huh...
Post a Comment