Monday, December 27, 2010

Our week in pictures (Dec 6-12)

Tuesday:
We carved out a little time to put together a gingerbread house. Madeleine was intent on making it perfect, Benjamin was only slightly interested, and Isaac was very interested in eating as much candy as he could.
The rest of the week was spent figuring out the Nutcracker. Madeleine was one of 19 little mice, and with these costumes you had to look very, very hard to figure out which one she was on stage.
I tried to distract Isaac from running up and down the aisles with an old iPhone. It sort of worked. Even Andrew discovered that it was way fun to walk up and down the slope.
Saturday afternoon Madeleine snapped this picture of me in the hallway waiting and waiting and waiting for the final performance to be done!


This week was our first Nutcracker week. It's hard to say that anyone else did anything. I spent everyday after school herding children around the high school, applying false eyelashes, glitter, and lipstick to a certain six year old. Isaac loved running up and down the aisles in the King Fine Arts Center, Andrew loved getting into everyone else's makeup and costumes backstage, and Benjamin hated the whole thing from start to finish. Dinners were a bust each and every night and I'd never been so happy to have 3:00 roll around on a Saturday afternoon.

1 comment:

Elise said...

That is the cutest little mouse I ever did see! I can't belive that Andrew is walking (I should) Joslyn is content to crawl.