Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Our week in pictures (Nov 22-28)

Tuesday:
Our first snow day of the year! The kids were super excited, and it was such a yucky, cold, windy day outside that we decided we needed cinnamon rolls. They were delicious!
Wednesday:
Another snow day! Here's Isaac showing off his cold, rosy cheeks after playing outside with the kids. They were sledding down the dirt hill at the construction site next door. By the time they came in, all the snow was at the bottom of the hill, and they were just sliding down on the dirt. It was lovely when they came in, and tracked muddy snow all over the place! But what the heck, they had a great time.
Thursday:
We spent the day at Ashley's eating Thanksgiving dinner, with all the trimmings. It was a great feast, and we had a good time visiting with everyone. These boys made sure they stopped playing long enough to have a couple of pieces of pie! What a good looking bunch of kids.
Saturday:
We drove back down to Salt Lake today. We started off our Christmas season by a stroll through Temple Square. The kids loved it! Isaac especially loved riding Trax downtown. He kept asking to "ride the bus" again. After a chilly outing, we ate dinner at the cafe in Little America, and then of course, went swimming.
Sunday:
I have no picture for this day, but if I did, it would be white knuckles on the steering wheel of our car. We woke up Sunday morning in our hotel to a blizzard outside. We didn't let a little snow slow us down! We went to the missionary farewell we were there for, and then started for home, even though we knew the road was closed! Ha! Road closures don't stop us. I saw some parts of Idaho I'd never seen before as we traveled mountain roads where the visibility was sometimes zero. (So I guess I really didn't see new parts of Idaho...). But we made it home. And Monday Madeleine asked, "The next time we stay at Little America, can we go home on the regular road so that it doesn't take 100 hours to get home?" I agree.

No comments: