Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Our fantastic kids

Benjamin is hard at work preparing for his school Christmas concert. He tried out for a special song and got some parts in it. So whenever he's home he's practicing his "snowman" song. As far as I can tell, it's bits and pieces of famous songs changed to fit a snowman theme. I'm looking forward to hearing the full version at the Festival of Trees this week.
Isaac has a love hate relationship with life. He never uses the word "like," only "love." He'll say, "I love that!" or, "I don't love that." There's no in between with him.
He also doesn't take absolute rejection well. Every night he asks Adam to play Wii with him, and is crushed if Adam says no. He'll cry, and say, "Say maybe, Daddy!" So when Daddy says, "maybe," Isaac gushes, "Oh thank you, thank you daddy!" Then he runs off happily to tell Benjamin and Madeleine that Daddy said, "maybe!"
He's also taken to calling Madeleine "Madeleine Katie." I think it's the cutest thing in the world.
The other day, on the way home from school Madeleine started telling me about a mean boy in her class. She said that he was mean to her, and sometimes stepped on her fingers, or pushed her. I was concerned until she ended the whole conversation with, "And plus, he has really bad handwriting."

No comments: