So here they are, in no particular order, the five movies I could watch for the rest of my life:
Disclaimer: I'm going to cheat and lump all movies by a particular actor into one group. Because really? If I had to only pick five, they'd all be by Audrey Hepburn and Barbra Streisand.
Group one: Audrey Hepburn. I can't get enough of her. From "My Fair Lady" to "Funny Face," to "Breakfast at Tiffany's" and my personal all time favorite movie "Roman Holiday." Seriously, I remember the first time I saw "Roman Holiday," it was only about 6 years ago but I just loved it! I mean, Gregory Peck walking away down that long hallway, away from Audrey Hepburn. It just about killed me. And what can I say about "My Fair Lady"--maybe just I could have watched that movie all night!
Group two: Barbra Streisand. Good grief can she sing!! I remember watching "Funny Girl" with my mom and sister and just crying and crying! I even wrote about it in my journal! And her clothes are fabulous--but then you watch "Hello Dolly!" and you see what fabulous clothes really are. There's "Yentl" and "What's up Doc?" I know she's a bit crazy in her political views, and quite diva like, but the clothes!
Now I have to put "It's a Mad Mad Mad World" on the list, just as a nod to the fam. When I'm flipping through channels and I come across this movie I automatically put down the remote and stop. Just today, Benjamin built a big doub-ya out of legos and Adam and I laughed and laughed!
Next up, another movie from my childhood: "Cat Ballou." Seriously, I'm a sucker for "old" movies. Before I used my vhs copy of this movie as a white elephant gift I had to check to make sure I could buy a dvd on amazon.com. And, it was much appreciated at the gift exchange!
And last, but not least, and in a totally opposite direction: "Pirates of the Caribbean: At world's End." And not just because of Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom. It's just a great show!
3 comments:
What about "While You Were Sleeping"? I'm hurt!
I thought about it. i really did. It just didn't quite make the cut!
I'm not a big movie fan, but I could watch The Wizard of Oz a zillion times. Any yes, anything with the lovely Ms. Hepburn in it, I would watch over and over. She is mesmerizing.
Post a Comment