"Let's see--do we have everything," he asks as we buckle our seatbelts.


"Camera?" (Even though he fired me from being in charge of the camera, he still asks me every time we depart.)
"Check."
"Swim suits?" (The first thing you pack on a Hansen Family Vacation is a swim suit, even if you're going snowmobiling.)
"Check."
"Tennis shoes?" (I have a history of only bringing flip flops or something equally ridiculous for hiking or other activities.)
"Check."
"Mountain Dew?" (It's a fact. You can't go on a road trip without Mountain Dew.)
"Check. And enough for your mooching brother and sister!" (Just so you guys know, there are about 7 cans in the fridge at the cabin, but I believe they've been been encoded with a special fingerprinting technology so that if anyone but Adam touches them they'll explode. Test it at your own risk!)
"Laptop?" (We are all ridiculously addicted to our laptops. Just an overnight stay down in Salt Lake? We still need our laptops, and now that I have one, we'll probably bring two laptops for an overnight stay.)
"Check."
"How many kids do we have packed?" (You never know, one could have escaped, or we could have picked up a stray!)
"Three."
"Then we're good to go."
3 comments:
I like the checklist...and I love the toddler bed below!!
So here's why I liked this post - I could totally hear each of you, sarcasm and all, in this conversation. Miss you both!
This is hilarious! I think we have the EXACT same conversation when we head out the door. And coincidentally, I've been banned from being in charge of the camera also! But yet somehow if it gets forgotten it's still my fault... And even though we pack a case of Mountain Dew our first stop is BK for a huge Diet Coke. And the swimsuit...I thought that was weird when I got married...I mean it's the dead of winter and I should pack my swimsuit?? Gotta love those Hansens.
Post a Comment