But he doesn't have real, actual, store bought Pokemon cards, and he's never asked me to buy them, which is surprising. (Especially since his Mother's Day Card asked for a new Funkey!) Benjamin has made his own pokemon cards. And while I'd gladly buy him some, I love to see the creativity come out as he draws and names his own Pokemon characters. 
The other day he pulled them out and asked me to play a game with him. There doesn't seem to be any set rules for this game, in fact, new rules are made up and added to as the game progresses. And the only object seems to be to destroy the other person's Pokemon cards. He's come up with an arbitrary system of "life points" and "attack points" for each card to help us decide who wins the attack. And the games can go on forever when you're talking a million points plus for some of the cards. But he loves it, and so I keep on playing. 
1 comment:
So clever! I love that instead of just buying him some you have left him on his own to be creative!! Good for you. My favorite games to play with Malia are the ones where she makes it up as she goes along...I learn a lot about the way she thinks that way. :-)
Post a Comment