Monday, April 20, 2009

What a joker

I enjoy writing.  And sometimes I can write some pretty decent stuff.  I've never wanted to be an author, there's too much research involved in getting all the details--whether it's about places, or other factual information correct.  I've thought about writing a children's book, but I don't have a lot of ideas.  So far I've come up with an opening line:  Kate's little brother was actually a little bother.  But beyond that I've got nothing.  
So when my sister started writing a series of "Random Topic Posts," with the subjects given to her by a friend, I thought it was a good idea and asked her to give me some subjects also.    So she gave me some topics, and to spare you all a series of five very short posts, here they are.  

1.  "Sisters who live in Maryland."  I have one.  Her name is Lauren.  She's a joker.
2.  "Awesome people named Lauren."  Don't know any.  
3.  "Cats you wish you owned."  None.
4.  "Black dogs."  They are always scarier than any other color dog.  It's a fact.  
5.  "Ten things you love about your sister."  
1.  She's a joker, and a lot of fun.
2.  She has quite a bit of candy stashed at her house.  
3.  Very frequently, we wear the same outfit.  We used to run into each other on campus and at least half the time we'd match.  
4.  She very rarely brings up how mean I was to her growing up.  It's a big regret of mine-- the being mean part, not that she doesn't bring it up.  
5.  She's in Maryland.  This has so much meaning right now.  She watched my dad get sick while none of the rest of us had to.  She visits my mom at least once a week.  She was there the night  my dad died.  I will never be able to thank her enough for all she has done the past 3 years.  
6.  Her favorite artist is Mondrian.  
7.  She cleans up puke a lot.  
8.  She likes to quilt, and actually, machine quilts everything she makes.  I think that's pretty cool.
8.  She lived in Virginia for a while.  Lover.
9.  Her wedding dress was one I tried on, but decided against.  
10.  She's such a joker.  

So there you go.  My Five Random Topic Post, boiled down into one.  If you want to give me some decent topics, Lauren, I'll take them.      

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Too Funny. She is quite the Jokester. I hope she gives you five more, I enjoy reading your posts.

losing my needles said...

Don't worry, I'll get you 5 real topics. It's kind of hard to come up with them. So far I only have one. I'll think on it.

Janice said...

Yes, it was funny, but it kind of made me cry.