Thursday, October 25, 2012

Words words words

A friend of mine recently mentioned she missed my blog posts.  She said I was a better writer than many of the mommy bloggers out there, which made me smile!  And that set me thinking, I love to write.  I really do.  Immediately after something noteworthy happens I begin to think through how to post this for the best impact on facebook, or I'll compose a little piece about it in my mind.  With the busy-ness of life it seems that the two sentence posts onto facebook are as much as I can actually get out.  But I need, and want to write.  I would love to be a published author.  There, I've said it.  Chances are it'll never happen because I'm not a great self-promoter and publishers don't usually drop book deals into the laps of moms who sit at home thinking, "Gee, I'd be a great author if only someone would recognize that!"  So in the spirit of Abbie Deal, I've been watching Madeleine and have been increasingly impressed with her budding literary skills.  

 Reading is something I love,
it's like a dove from above.
I know what is a noun
it never lets me down.
I love, I love, I love
to read!

 Math! Math!
Math! is the path!
I love a A every day!

Peter, Peter
Pumkin eater 
banged his head
on the heater!

hahaaaaaaaa! hee hee!
Hoo hoo!  Hooo!

And here's further evidence that she is my daughter.  There we are asleep in bed with our faces is our books!  

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Glad you're back. I've missed your posts too.

Heather said...

Makes me want to see what else will happen if I just say things. :) Also, thanks to you Abbie Deal is now part of my lexicon...you seem to be relating to a lot of pioneers in the wilderness lately. ;) I love both your composed blog posts and the stream of consciousness email you sent me the other day. It's quite possible I just love you.

Janice said...

Abbie Deal is a great thought right now.

Janice said...

Abbie Deal is a great thought right now.