We've had our first broken bone! I'm amazed it took us until number four to do it, and I'm more amazed that it's Andrew and not Isaac! We were down visiting my brother's family, with my mom in town when Andrew fell at a playground. It was a good drop, and he just cried and cried. Finally I decided to take him to an instacare type place to see what the deal was. While we were there, he stopped crying, and started using his hand!! I was a little annoyed, thinking that I was going to spend $500 on x-rays for them to tell us it was a small sprain. Andrew did great for his x-rays, grandma stayed by his side so he wasn't scared, and the verdict was two broken bones in his wrist.
Now we're in the three week waiting game: keeping his cast dry, and him clean, and persuading him to not use it as a club, figuring out how to get him dressed, and which shirts will fit over it. Fun times.
No comments:
Post a Comment