Sunday was Madeleine's 8th birthday. She was very excited all week long to get to Sunday and have a birthday. The day started out sort of badly when Adam wasn't feeling well, and Andrew's finger got pinched in the door. She was feeling bad that the day wasn't all about her anymore. But life settled down, we went to church and then came home for some delicious homemade pizza and cheesecake! She always chooses cheesecake instead of cake. She's my kind of girl.
Grandma White made her a dress for her baptism this year. Back in May, when I watched the coverage from the Royal Wedding, I knew that the dresses the flower girls wore was what I wanted Madeleine's dress to look like. So this fall I set off in search of a pattern, and sure enough, someone had made an exact pattern. I was glad I found it quickly and didn't have to go searching through dozens of patterns trying to find something that would work. Mostly I loved the big box pleats all the way around the skirt. Mom measured the hem and said that it is 6 yards all the way around! It is a fantastic twirling dress!

Saturday morning Madeleine was giddy as can be! Grandma White and my brother's family came up on Friday, spent the night and were there for the baptism. Most of Adam's brothers and sisters were able to come also, so it was a pretty special day for Madeleine. She was full of grins, and giggles, and just giddy with excitement as she waited, and then walked down into the font. It made everything so special, and exciting to see her so happy.
Afterwards we had all our family over to our house for a delicious lunch. It was pretty special on Sunday, when Madeleine wore her dress to church and people asked where we got it she was able to answer that her grandma had made it for her.
2 comments:
Her dress is beautiful, I can't wait to see it in person, your mom is a very talented seamstress! M is a sweet sweet girl.
What a cute 8 year old you have. Her dress is so darling and she looks so proud and happy.
Post a Comment