Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Amazing

Dear Isaac,
There are not sufficient words in my vocabulary to describe you. The one I use most often is amazing, because it seems to cover all the good and bad traits you have. It's amazing that you have grown out of that awful stage where I wanted to pull my hair out every day. Now I only want to pull my hair out when I'm trying to get you to do something you don't want to do.

It's amazing that you have this friendly, out going personality. At a recent pack meeting, we played a "getting to know you" game where you were supposed to find people who had done certain things. Your dad and I sat in the back, half heartedly attempting to fill out the paper while you, who can't read a lick, walked around and talked to every single person in the room getting them to sign your paper in the right places.

It's amazing that while you want every toy you see in a store, there's not one thing I could think of to get you for your birthday that you absolutely had to have. And, I knew that if I bought something cool, you wouldn't really play with it, but I've realized that's because I'M your favorite toy. It doesn't matter what you're doing, as long as I'm doing it too. You are happy with what you have and don't really need anything besides bubble gum to make you happy.

It's amazing that you've only been to the E.R. twice in your life.

It's amazing that you learned our phone number by listening to me say it once a week when we go to the grocery store, yet you refuse to learn your alphabet.

It's amazing that you've charmed every adult you meet to think that they, and they alone are your own special friend.

You, and everything about you is amazing. You've held my heart from the day you were born, I've never loved a baby like I loved you. I expect you will continue to amaze me. We expect amazing things from you.

Happy birthday to my five year old.

1 comment:

Savanna said...

Cute Birthday Boy! I loved reading this. This is like exactly how I feel about my Tyeson. It's good to know another Mom has the same "amazing" life I do with a wild 5 year old boy. I like your word. Amazing. I think I'll start using that more. :)