Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Our week in pictures (May 2-8)

Much of this week was spent doing yard work. It was a nice week weather wise, so we jumped right in and took care of some stuff that had been needing to be done for, oh, 9 years or so.
We started off by putting down some weed barrier. I was working and letting the boys play in the dirt. It's not really a good idea to let them do that when they have colds. This picture is not for the faint of heart. It's pretty gross. Andrew went right into the bath when we were done outside.
Of course we had to have the kids help us with the work. Once the barrier was all down we had to spread the mulch. Benjamin and Isaac were assigned filling up the wheel barrow.
This took place almost every night this week. We had three truck loads of mulch, and finally on Friday night we spread out the last of it. Madeleine was MAD on Friday because instead of going on a bike ride I worked and got the mulch finished. But I'm so glad we finished because it started raining on Saturday and hasn't stopped since.
And besides, our house looks great!
Sunday:
Andrew discovered how to play "follow the leader" today. He was the leader and they all had a blast following him. He would get up and walk around, doing silly things and all the kids were following him doing the exact thing he did. It was really fun to watch.

1 comment:

Elise said...

WOW! It does look great. We need to do the same thing over here. I'll need to get my darn weeds under control before I do anything else though.