Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Our week in pictures (Jan 31-Feb 6)

Monday:
So, Isaac still wears diapers when he sleeps. I'm ready to be done with this, and here's part of the reason. For a couple of years, he's been rubbing the diaper top with his fingers, and lately it's turned into tearing it apart. When he wakes up in the morning, we're lucky if the back is still attached to the front. He pulls of bits, and then just drops them where ever. This is the space between his bed and the wall. It's a couple of days worth of accumulation.
Tuesday:
Andrew is now into everything. My child proof latches are worn out, so cabinet knobs are rubberbanded together. But I don't have anything keeping the drawers shut. I don't really mind when he takes out the lids and towels, but he's not allowed to get into the bags and plastic wrap. Except, of course, he always does. And, this picture reminds me of another picture...
... taken in August of 2008.
Thursday:
After the activity days girls leave on Thursday afternoons, my table is littered with trash and leftovers from our craft. I'm usually too tired to clean it up.
Friday:
Another classic Isaac story. I was in the shower, and could hear Isaac playing outside the bathroom. This isn't a big deal, because Madeleine's doll house is in our room, and I figured he was playing with the barbies or littlest pet shop stuff. When I got out of the shower, all was quiet, and I set off in search of him. He was trying to sneak off with four bottles of nail polish. He's not allowed to have nail polish for many reasons. So I first pried them out of his hands, and the noticed that he had silvery grey stuff all over his lips and mouth area. I quickly determined that it wasn't nail polish--it's happened before. So I asked him what was on his face. He denied any knowledge of anything on his face. Again and again he told me that there was nothing on his face. So I started to walk him over to the mirror to show him, when he spied his half eaten English muffin on the counter by the sink. He said, "It's just my English muffin! That's all!" I said it wasn't, and then spun him around to look in the mirror. He stared for a minute, then he snapped his fingers and said, "Dang it." He knew he was busted and there was no denying it anymore. He then confessed that he had put on some of my makeup.
So you can barely see it in the picture, but it's there. Sneaky little bugger.

1 comment:

Janice said...

Just a question. On the "About me" part at the top, which of your kids is not fantastic?