Gingerbread houses! Madeleine really wanted to make one this year, and I was happy to oblige--as long as I didn't have to bake the gingerbread myself!
So I bought a kit which came with everything we needed--frosting and candy, but we supplied the imagination!

We put the little boys to bed and got to work on our masterpiece.

Benjamin worked on the walls, while Madeleine designed the roof.

After a while, Benjamin got bored and left Madeleine to finish.

She didn't rest till every piece of candy was stuck on the house somewhere! What a delicious treat!
3 comments:
What! no cut out windows with candy poured in? No porch wtih icing rails? Sell out!
(We bought a kit too.)
We really used to outdo outself every year didnt we! Once we got past the huge Victorial model, we sort of burned out. But don't you have tons of fun memories!
I used to do that with my kids, I was stupid and of course cut all the pieces out by hand. WOW! They still remember them and I can't wait to do it with grandkids. Very nice job on the decorating kids!
Post a Comment