Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Survived Another Week (by Adam)

Well, we survived another week with Erin being on bed rest. It been a little chaotic around the house ... but I am happy to report that none of the kids have lost any limbs yet. Thanks everybody who has helped with meals, shuttling the kids around, etc. It has been a big help and has been very much appreciated. Erin and the baby are doing fine so far ... if she can keep her blood pressure down, we expect to have this baby on the 30th (about 3 weeks early).

Here are a few of our latest adventures:

Isaac was trying out his cool spinning moves over at Grandma's house, when the coffee table jumped up at him and banged up his little cheek. I was on the phone talking to Grandma when it happened: "These kids are being so good ... not a thing to worry about. Isaac is getting a little wild though..." (audible thud in the background) ... "um, Adam I think Isaac just bonked his head, I'll call you right back." An hour later, we were in the ER getting 3 little stiches put in. He was such a good boy and didn't even cry (right! ... I think Erin could even hear him back at the house.) We were quite the entertainment for the ER folks. At one point Isaac cut a little toot, and smiling big said "Dad, I pooped my pants!" loud enough for everyone to hear. We got some great looks from the nurses. :)

Madeleine had her big dance recital this week, so mom and I went to cheer her on. She did great as usual. I was instructed this year to bring the flowers and as you can see in the photo, they were a big hit. What a good girl.

Benjamin has been such a big helper. I think he is concerned that I will forget to make his school lunch each day; he reminds me at least two times the night before and at least two more times each morning. The funny thing about that, is that he only eats a few of the things I make him. I guess he is in too much of a hurry to get outside to recess and play.

4 comments:

Karla, A Cali Girl in Idaho! said...

I love it! What a great hubby. Too bad about "Ike". Good job on the flowers dad! :)

Savanna said...

I am so impressed! I don't think Dan could survive. I hope that Erin & the baby can hang in there a little longer. That's good for the boys to see how much us gals do everyday! :)

Nikki said...

Hello super day...posting and all. We are thinking of you guys and hopes she hangs in a little longer...good luck!

Angie said...

Isaac looks so little on that big hospital bed. Poor little guy, maybe it will slow him down a little :) Mady looks Gorgeous! Good save on that one !:) And I bet Ben is being a super great helper through all this, he is such a great kid. Only 1 more week? hang in there. Can't wait to see you all for Thanksgiving.