Thursday, September 25, 2008

Why I don't do Facebook

A while ago, I set up an account with Facebook. I did it because I wanted to be cool and all. Two months later, I have two friends: My sister, and a college roommate. I'm so cool.

So yesterday I was cruising around the internet, and wandered over to my sister's facebook account, and saw that she had tons of friends. And some of those friends, really are MY friends, not hers! So I asked her how she got all those friends, and she told me "I am seriously just that cool. When I signed up, I requested a few friends, and then all of the sudden all of these millions of people started asking to be friends with me,"--My sister, she's awesome! (And now you're all thinking--Wait! Lauren has a facebook account?! I need to go request to be friends with her!)

And besides the fact that I think facebook is sort of useless (besides of course showing how cool people are by how many friends they have--remember, I have TWO!) I thought, I want to be cool too! So I spent some time today uploading a picture (so when long lost people search for me, they can be sure it's really me!) and browsing through friends of friends friends list (did you follow that?) requesting some of my own friends.

Then Isaac comes wandering up to me carrying a thing of dental floss, which is almost completely unraveled, and pink. Odd, my dental floss is not pink. Then I notice he's pink too!
Dang it! I liked that lipstick! No more facebook time for me!

2 comments:

Kacey said...

Oh my goodness...what a mess! Totally something Dallin would do. He seems to be into everything lately too.
The facebook part made me laugh. I just signed up for Facebook a few months ago and since I went to three different highschools I think it's been kind of fun to see so many long lost friends. Of course after you say Hi...I don't really know what you're supposed to do after that.

Grant and Stacy said...

Hey Erin! I'm glad you browsed facebook today, inspite of unfortunate outcome, because you found me! And now I have your blog and now you have mine! Yeah.