Monday, May 19, 2008

The Final Countdown!

Oh I love May! It's my favorite month of all the months. It starts with our anniversary, then Mother's Day, and then we end the month with a grand celebration of my birthday. I LOVE my birthday. It's a day all about me! My birthday has always been a special day, just by nature of when it falls. I'm pretty sure the reason I love my birthday so much is that there's usually something fun going on, and so I just naturally assume that all celebrations are for me.

In fifth grade, our Play Day, or field day, was on my birthday. My mom brought in a cake for my class. It was awesome. (Oh--my mom decorates cakes for people, like wedding cakes, birthday cakes, graduation cakes, communion cakes--she's pretty good! So it's not like she just went out to Martin's and bought a cake and brought it in. Oh no, it was all decorated up with pink flowers, and had my name really big on it. It was awesome.)

In high school, the State Track and Field meet fell on my birthday. So there I was running in the State meet on my birthday--pretty cool, I thought.

And, sometimes for Memorial Day weekend we would go to Kings Dominion and play there for the day. So that would sometimes fall on my birthday, I'm sure.

Once I got married, we started going up to Kim and Pat's cabin in Wyoming for Memorial Day weekend, and therefore, my birthday.

This year we won't be going to the cabin for my birthday, and I'm at a bit of a loss as to how we will celebrate it. And since I'm turning 30 (!) it seems like it should be celebrated somehow!

Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Kacey said...

Happy Birthday Erin! I hope you do something fun to celebrate the big Three-0! (how sad, I don't even remember what we did on my 30th!) I'm jealous your birthday is in May AND close to a holiday. Mine is in March and ever since I moved to Utah it seems like it is always snowing on my birthday.