Monday:
So while I was packing up to leave Brittani's house on Friday Isaac started running a fever. He lay on the couch sleeping while everyone else was playing. It wasn't long before Andrew and Thomas caught the cold he had. It was such a nasty cold, and they were all just miserable. I was dosing Motrin, Tylenol, and infant Tylenol all at different times, with different doses. It got pretty confusing and required pretty detailed note taking to ensure that everything was okay.
Wednesday:
So on Tuesday I took the little boys in to the doctor to have them checked. Mostly for Thomas' sake since he's just four months old and I wanted to be sure his lungs were okay. They'd had fevers for 4 days, and that's enough. I didn't take Isaac because he was bouncing off the walls when I left. He'd skipped three days of school because his fever kept coming back, but I was confident that he was better. Anyway, the doctor found ear infections in both Thomas and Andrew so we got the pink stuff for them. When I got home from Walmart Isaac was passed out on the couch with a raging fever again. So on Wednesday morning I took him to the doctor. I figured since the other boys had ear infections he probably did too. And as you can see, he sure looks sick! The doctor was amazed that he wasn't just crying and crying from how red his ears were. Isaac doesn't get the pink stuff, he goes right to the good antibiotics because he's had tubes in his ears and doesn't respond the the amoxicillin. So he gets yucky augmentin. And hates it. As a side note, I think the amoxicillin upset Thomas' stomach. I felt kind of bad that the first form of "solid" foods he had was Tylenol and amoxicillin.
Friday:
On Thursday we had a snow storm move in. As i was driving the kids to school I was thinking that it was crazy that they were even going to school because you could hardly see the road. Someone saw some sense and school got out early, meaning Isaac didn't even have to go in at all. That was actually a blessing because he really needed one more day at home, but he'd missed three days already! As a side note, I had always wondered how I would find out if school released early. Since I pick up my kids I need to know these things! It turns out that when school gets out early someone from the office calls, then each kid calls, then an automated call comes to both the house phone and the cell phone. Then, the automated call comes to both phones in spanish. The phone rang all day.
But we stayed home, and inside on Friday. The temperatures have been so bitter cold--not even in the teens. It's been in single digits, and even in the negatives when I drop the big kids off in the morning. So we had snow on the ground and no one was brave enough to go out in it!
Sunday:
These two are such good friends. I love watching them interact.



No comments:
Post a Comment